How To Choose A Mountain Bike Brand?
Mountain bikes are a passion for adventure seekers worldwide. This sport is gaining popularity at a faster rate across the world. Mountain biking is a good alternative and a healthy choice for today’s generation to cope with the issue of pollution, global warming, etc. Mountain bikes are catching attraction of all age groups and gender. Most individuals in today’s world want to own a mountain bike. These bikes are designed for off-road cycling and specially designed to boost durability and performance in rough terrain. As you can understand by the name itself, it is designed for mountain riding, fire roads, and unpaved surfaces. If you plan to buy a mountain bike and are confused about the brands, this article will guide you to know the best mountain bikes and choose a mountain bike.
Types of mountain bikes
- Cross country bikes: these bikes will be good for you if you consider competitive races or want to have a fast ride for your local trails. It emphasizes climbing prowess and typically implies riding fast. The bike tends to focus on low weight and efficiency.
- Trail bikes: this bike is the most popular mountain biking style because it is not fixed in any specific type of racing. This style will suit you to go on a local trailhead or ride a mixture of descents and climbs. Trail bikes emphasize efficiency, fun, and moderate overall weight.
- All-mountain bikes: the bikes in this category will give you bigger leg-burning climbs, scarier and longer descents, and more attractive technical features. However, they perform well on steep descents and are elegant and light enough for uphill pedaling.
- Fat tire bikes: the oversized tires give these bikes excellent traction, especially on snow or sand. It is an excellent choice for beginners.
- Downhill or park bikes: these bikes are big tough, and riders have to wear a full-face helmet and body armor as they encounter Rock gardens, jumps, wooden ladders, etc.
Top 5 mountain bikes
- Diamondback Bicycles EI OSO Tres fat bike:
it is a hardtail mountain bike that is a monster disguised as a fairy. This elegant bike provides perfect traction and is useful in the dune buggy, Rock crawling, and snow. This bike will provide lots of adventure with its massive tires and 3*9 drivetrain. The main attraction of this bike is the massive tires which give an overall speed of 26*4 inches. Therefore, it is a monstrous ride on any terrain, whether mountains, snow, sand, or crazy loose trail. This bike comprises a solid steel frame and fork, which provides strong strength to the bike’s torso. The fork is customized to provide strength and swift movement on every surface. You need not worry about safety and security at every ride because it comes with all mechanical disc brakes. It is easily available online. Here are some pros and cons of this mountain bike.
- It is easy to assemble
- Price is affordable
- You can enjoy smooth shifting and handling
- Massive tires are an attraction and excellent for every terrain
- The bike is a bit heavy
- The seat is too thin compared to the frame
- The mechanical disc brakes are lousy
This hardtail mountain bike is one of the best mountain bikes. It is made with a solid aluminum alloy frame which provides agility and strength. Therefore you can enjoy smoothness and ease on every terrain. It has disc brakes which give the perfect grip required while adventure riding. It also has butted tubing for ensuring a great balance of strength. The tektro mechanical disc brakes provide great stopping power, and the speed drivetrains are a staple of reliability. In addition, the suspension fork adds to comfort and control on the trail. Here are some pros and cons of this bike.
- It has a light frame
- Excellent wheels and disk brakes
- You can grab a solid piece at an affordable price
- It has a great fork
- Hard to assemble
- Entry-level suspension
This hardtail mountain bike is the best entry-level bike and an excellent option for adventure seekers. You can cruise smoothly through streets, pavements, paved paths, gravel, and dirt. This bike is a good opportunity to add fun and thrill to your adventures. The frame of this bike is made up of lightweight aluminum, making it comfortable for the upright riding position and is durable. The hydraulic disc brakes offer excellent stopping power, and the shifters offer gears for lower weight and simplicity. Now let us look into the pros and cons of this mountain bike.
- Excellent disk brakes
- Good for neck and back
- Perfect entry-level bike
- Weak saddle
- The weak clip holding cables
- Tires are not good overall terrain
is one of the best full suspension bikes for adventure seekers. You can grab this bike at an affordable price and enjoy the bumps and hits of nature. This bike offers a smooth and controlled ride equipped with an aluminum full suspension frame. In addition, it comprises alloy front and rear disc brakes and alloy wheels.
- Easy to adjust and assemble
- Great grip on all terrain
- Solid frame
- Affordable range
- There are no significant cons.
It is good in terms of appearance and performance. You will love the sport of mountain biking on this speed monster. It has a perfect set of disc brakes that offer control. They are perfect for every terrain, whether snow, sand, dirt or tough terrains. The alloy frame makes it strong and adds thrill to your adventure
- Strong frame
- Excellent tires
- Suitable for all-terrain
- It is heavy
Before planning to buy mountain bikes, you need to decide where you are planning to ride. Because different riding styles require different bike styles, you must also focus on key features such as wheel size, suspension, gearing, frame material, and brakes. You must also make sure that your bike fits you. Only then will you be comfortable and be able to enjoy the ride.