Best Fishing Rods of 2020
Ugly Stik GX2 Spinning Rod
There is nothing more soul-satisfying than, sitting in the boat with friends and family and holding a good spinning rod and waiting for the fish to bite the bait, and chatting with the dear ones in the waiting period, this is fishing, the soul of America. So to keep this great American pastime alive, we introduce you to Ugly Stik GX2 Spinning Rod, the ultimate rod that you could wish for. It is a tough build but feels light, it is loaded with an ugly tuff guide, which is newly designed guides, provide maximum durability. It also has Ugly Stik Clear Tip that delivers extra strength right where you need it and is sensitive to the lightest strike, and 6 light power spinning rod, 2 piece rod construction, 4-10 lb test, EVA handle and 1/8-5/8 oz. lure weight, in total it is a prize catch, so why to wait just buy, here is some brief summary:
- Strong, yet balanced graphite and fiberglass construction.
- Durable Ugly Tuff one piece stainless steel guides.
- Clear Tip design for strength and sensitivity.
- Durable and lightweight EVA grips.
- 6′ Light Power Spinning Rod.
- 2 piece rod construction.
- 4-10 lb. test; EVA handle.
- 1/8-5/8 oz. lure weight.
- Best rod at given price.
- Easy assembly.
- The wonderful choice as a travel rod.
- Good balance of tough and sensitive.
- Faulty locking mechanism.
Tipton Deluxe Carbon Fiber Cleaning Rod with 5/16 x 27 Female Thread, 36-Inch
They call these Tipton 1-piece carbon fiber cleaning rods “deluxe” because they feature an ergonomically designed handle that spins on two sets of ball bearings – the result is a cleaning rod that smoothly follows the rifling both pushing and pulling, even while under pressure. The shank-through construction also allows the user to apply “reasonable” hammer blows to the end of the cleaning rod to get a tight patch through a bore. These rods are chemical resistant, will not scratch the bore like a steel rod can and will not embed like a coated rod can.
- Carbon fiber is an ideal material for cleaning rods.
- Carbon Fiber rods can be bent to an extreme degree and return to their original straightness.
- Combines the best features of stainless steel and coated cleaning rods.
- Ergonomically designed handle that spins on two sets of ball bearings.
- Smoothly follows the rifling both pushing and pulling, even while under pressure.
- it is perfect. I use it with a wheeler aluminum bore guide and the length is ideal.
- The Carbon Fiber won’t damage the barrel.
- None to mention.
Croix Mojo Inshore Spinning Rods (70, MHF)
The weekends would be a disaster if, not for fishing, the joy of going on a tiny boat with some sandwiches, beer and luring the fish, it is all so fun and adventure, and Don’t you just hate when you get tackle spam? You heard right. There is no tackle spam. And fishing doesn’t email you with work on a Saturday evening and ruin your weekend. If fishing did make demands of your time on a Sunday evening, well, that wouldn’t be so bad anyway. It would just tell you to grab a Mojo Inshore rod and get to work. Tooled from St. Croix’s premium-quality SCII graphite blank and finished with saltwater-grade guides, these rods are incredibly durable and deliver the goods in all their spinning and casting configurations. Great product, for such a good price. Here is the brief description of this amazing product.
- Croix Model MIS70MHF
- Length 7′ / Sections 1
- Power MH / Action Fast
- Line weight 10 – 20
- Lure Weight 1/2 – 1 ¼
- Good balance, weight, and feel.
- Sensitive enough to feel the slightest bites.
- A bit long.
Okuma Sarasota Salt Water Casting Rod, 6 1/2-Feet, 20-40-Pound
Whether it’s Christmas, Halloween, birthday or anniversary, fishing rod is something you can always gift your man in life, and he’ll love you for that, hence The Okuma Sr-C-661ML Sarasota Salt Water Casting Rod is the perfect option for that perfect gift, this amazing product features a glass-fiber outer construction for added durability. Double foot guides with titanium oxide inserts. Custom epoxy wrapped hood. Nylon gimbal butt. Destined to be one of the premier tackle companies in the new millennium, Okuma does not look for inspiration from other manufacturers; instead, they find inspiration in fishermen. From the weekend warrior to tournament pros, the company is committed to the needs of fisherman. The product can be briefly described as follows:
- Features a glass-fiber outer construction for added durability.
- Double foot guides with titanium oxide inserts.
- Custom epoxy wrapped hood.
- Nylon gimbal butt.
- Performs well against Yellow Tails and Yellowfin Yuna in the west coast.
- Well made and very sturdy.
- Sensitive and well balanced.
- Great rod for deep sea fishing.
- None to mention.
Entsport 2-Piece Casting Rod Graphite Portable Baitcasting Fishing Rod
This product is for the people, who eat, breathe and live for fishing. The crazy ones whose heart beats for fishing and whose motto is to catch the perfect fish.
It continues the tradition of lightweight design and superior sensitivity with a renewed focus on strength. Strong and structurally enhanced solid carbon fiber construction provides an increase in break strength of the rod, allowing you to efficiently and easily transfer more energy through the rod. 6+1 Stainless Steel guides with ceramic inserts allow for smooth casts and durable performance. Design extreme exposure reel seat for increased blank contact and sensitivity, ensuring a solid connection between the casting rod and reel. Super Quality EVA handles reduce weight even further and provides greater control when casting and enhance comfort and performance under any conditions. This amazing product can be described as:
- 24 Ton Carbon Fiber – Light weight with tremendous overall strength; strong and structurally enhanced solid carbon fiber construction, maximizes strength while maintaining sensitivity.
- Extreme Exposure Reel Seat – Enhanced reel seat with corrosion resistant aluminum hoods; Full-Contact Reel Seat with Soft Touch finish.
- K-R” and “FINESSE” Guide Series – 6+1 corrosion resistant guides, perfectly spaced for virtually friction-free line flow and maximum casting performance and sensitivity, adopt “K-R” and “FINESSE” guide series.
- High Density EVA Handles – High density EVA gives greater sensitivity and durability, add to your control and fishing comfort; Special design on handle, more comfortable, which allow you to spent long days on the water with minimum fatigue.
- Very Responsive for a two piece.
- Top class construction and handles smoothly.
- Light and strong.
- Not very flexible.
- Not good for big fishes.
Okuma Longitude Surf Graphite Rods (Large, Black/Blue/Silver)
Okuma’s new rod technology has delivered the Longitude series of surf rods. These high density graphite rods have over-sized double footed aluminum oxide guides, stainless steel hooded graphite reel seats and also include soft-touch EVA cushions above and below the reel seat. The longitude rods also features Pac Bay rubber butt caps to prevent slipping. All of the models are 2-piece blanks and they are available from 8’ to 12’ in length. Okuma has brought quality and value together to create your next surf rod. The product can be best explained as under:
- Sensitive graphite composite blank.
- Aluminum oxide guide inserts.
- Double-footed stainless steel guide frames.
- Stainless steel hooded reel seats.
- Cork wrapped non-slip fore and rear grips.
- Limited 1-year warranty.
- This is a wonderful rod for pulling plugs for steelhead and salmon.
- Great rod! Last a lifetime.
- None to mention.
Fenwick AETOS Fly Rods
Building upon the Fenwick tradition of developing the highest quality and performance rods on the market, the Fenwick AETOS 5 Weight Fly Fishing Rod features fast-recovering, high-performance modern tapers, artfully crafted with a lightweight feel. Available in freshwater, saltwater, switch, and Spey models, this fly fishing rod delivers ideal performance for any location. This 4-section, 5-weight fishing rod comes in a deep blue color with carbon flake accents, large diameter gun smoke stripper guides, and double foot gun smoke snake guides. It features an aluminum anodized double uplock reel seat, as well as a AAA-grade cork handle for a secure and comfortable grip. A cloth covered rod tube and bag are included for simple and secure transportation. This amazing product can be described briefly as below:
- Fast-action blank for ideal performance and recovery.
- Artfully crafted with a lightweight feel.
- 4-section deep blue fly fishing rod with carbon flake accents.
- AAA-grade cork handle for a firm yet comfortable grip.
- Fenwick cloth covered rod tube and bag included.
- Does a great job protecting light tippets.
- Casts and single Spey cast well in the bush covered areas.
- Great, easy casting rod.
- Snaps sometimes.
Entsport E Series – Rattlesnake 2 Piece Graphite Spinning Rod
Entsport Rattlesnake 2-Piece Portable Graphite Casting Rod with 3 Top Pieces is the high quality, cost-effective model from Entsport E Series. It’s the affordable and qualified rod that’s suitable for all species. The medium or medium light tips give you the perfect trout rod or fitness bass rod – perfect for drop shot rigs, split shot; and the medium heavy is used with texas or carolina rid. The different actions top tips make the rattlesnake the all purpose purpose rod. You will get three rods at one time when you own it!
- Super Quality Base Handle and Special Design.
- Enhanced Carbon Reel Seat and Premium Cork Handle.
- Humanized Design Stainless Steel Hook Holder.
- The insert is designed longer than the female end, reserved for use in the future.
- Durable stainless steel guides with ceramic inserts reduce friction.
- Smooth top ring increases casting distance and line life.
- Good rod for smaller spinning rods.
- Very durable.
- Super lightweight and sensitive.
- Finishing is not good.