Best Kids Bicycle 2021- According to Experts
Time spent with family is the most idyllic and memorable- be it playing together outside or just sitting in a cozy room chatting. Ever considered a family bike ride, even that can be a fun and thrilling experience. Parents are the most concerned about their children and always strive to to serve them with the best. Parents wish to give their child the best they can so that the child is comfortable and happy.
In the same way, it is not something extraordinary for parents having a lot of anxiety and queries when it comes to choosing the best bicycle for their beloved kids. It is not always that the most expensive one is usually the best. You may even get an amazing bike for your kid even at the lowest prices possible.
If it is the first time that your child is going to interact with a bike, then as parents, you must be of the opinion to give your child the best possible positive experience. There are many differ kinds of bicycles available in the market and even online, so selecting the best one among such a vast variety is of course an overwhelming task.
Here I have made a small effort that will surely calm your nerves and help you in choosing the best bike for your kid. After talking to many cycling experts, here is a complete list of top five best bicycles that are suitable for children belonging to different age groups, possessing varying skill levels and are also budget- friendly.
The 5 Best Kids Bicycle 2021
★ Top Pick
Strider – 12 Sport Balance Bike
Strider – 12 Classic Balance Bike
Dynacraft Magna Major Damage Boys Bike
|Check Price |
Gravel Blaster Bike
Magna Rip Traxx 16″ Bike
Strider – 12 Sport Balance Bike
If your kid is a beginner, this is the most suitable, dependable and trusted bicycle brand. The bike has been especially designed in a way so that your child learns balancing steering gliding even before he or she leaves the diapers. The bike is best suited for toddlers in between the age group of 18 months to 5 years or those weighing not more than 27kgs or 60 lbs. Here are the reasons for why this bike is most preferred:
- The bike size is perfect- 12 inches and if your child’s inseam is 30 cm to 50cm, this is the bike without confusion.
- The design of the bike is quite appealing and motivating, something your child will never forget.
- The bike is very light weight, only 6.7 lbs, thanks to the EVA foam tire and light steel body.
- The steel frame is both durable and strong.
- You can adjust the saddle and the handlebar according to the height of your tot.
- The padded footrest is very comfortable.
- The only thing to dislike about the bike is that it has no hand brakes attached and lacks the rotation boundary of the handlebars.
Strider – 12 Classic Balance Bike
The bike features a design that is free of pedals and thus the child is forced to balance as well as kick the bike forward with the same foot simultaneously. You are guaranteed of noteworthy results and incredible performance at just less than $100, which is quite an amazing deal. The recommended age- group for this bike is between 1.5 years to 3 years. You will find the bike in different colors, punk for girls, blue for boys and besides that, it is available in red and green as well. Some of the advantages of this bike are as follows:
- It is lightweight enough for the toddlers to ride with comfort and ease.
- The frame is made up of solid metal which ensures endurance and durability.
- The bike lacks pedals so that the direct focus is on improving your tot’s balancing, leaning, steering and coordination at the same time.
- The bike also boasts of solid Tyres which makes it suitable for both rough and tough terrains as well as the flat surfaces.
- It has the remarkable ability to adjust the seat and bar height to easily accommodate varying rider heights.
- You will need tools to adjust the height of the saddle and the handlebar. You will find bicycle models that can offer you a tool- free adjustment.
Dynacraft Magna Major Damage Boys BMX Street/Dirt Bike
The Dynacraft Magna Major Damage Boys BMX Bike is best suited for kids who are in the age group of 4 to 8 years. You will get the bike in bright bold colours and the “MAGNA MAJOR DAMAGE” ligo which gives the bicycle a classy and trendy appearance. The bike ensures the safety of your child, all thanks to the coaster brake. For extra stability and balance, it has training wheels that are removable/adjustable. You will have no difficulty in assembling the bike. Some of the points in favour of this bike are:
- The bike is known for its sturdiness, which ensures a safe and smooth ride.
- The bike falls in the range of $40 to $62, which makes it a good bicycle for the price.
- It features a bright striking colour combination of yellow and black.
- The saddle can be adjusted as per the height of your child.
- The main disadvantage of this bicycle is the quality of its tyres which is low and even the crankshaft and pedals demand fine- tuning and extra inspection.
Gravel Blaster Bike
This is an amazing bike which is going to help your toddler learn to ride it. Initially, most of the kids lack confidence, and hence the bike comes with training wheels to ease their learning experience. The most easiest part is to operate and control the bike. What follows are the reasons to love this bike:
- The handlebar has a pad which facilitates tight, firm and smooth grip. This will help your child to get a precise control and avoid accidents.
- There is a provision for adjustment of the training wheels according to the requirements of the little rider.
- Another best thing about this bike is that it is very light in weight which makes it easy for the child to control it while riding.
- Even if you ride it over gravel, you will definitely have a smooth riding experience, all because of the wheels that are sturdy enough.
- The most important part of any bicycle are the brakes. This bike incorporates good quality coaster brakes so that the rider can get rapid control in case of any kind of emergency.
- The only thing which you might dislike about it is that the bike can get scratches if the parts are not handled with care.
Magna Rip Traxx 16″ Bike
Your kid is sure to have the best time riding around on this sporty and edgy bike. The steel frame is sturdy, the seat is padded and the coaster brakes ensure that your little dude can ride the bike safely and comfortably. The bike can immediately attract the attention of the onlooker due to the bright green colour, custom graphics supported with black and white accents. Another important feature is the training wheel that can be easily adjusted or removed.
Although it has all the specifications and features that anyone could desire, still it is my duty to give you a clear picture of all the good as well as negative aspects, if any. First of all, here is a list of the pros of this bicycle:
- The best part is the fabulous neon green colour which every boy will surely love.
- The seat is adjustable, so it is suitable for kids of any height. Also, the adjustment is hassle free and can be done in less than 10 minutes.
- Another advantage is the ease with which the bike can be assembled.
- The bike has the perfect height and size, along with the inclusion of training wheels in the package.
- Sometimes you may find that the front is a little warped, so fitting the front wheels can be a problem.
Kids usually have this unique peculiarity of an ardent desire to try out every new thing which they observe. Same is the case with bikes. Toddlers are most attracted towards bikes mostly for the thrill of riding it. Bikes of many different kinds are available out there, it is upon us to select the best one according to our own individual needs, tastes and preferences. If you are thinking why to give so much time and energy in choosing the bike for a kid.
Well, it is very important that you select the best bike for your kid to ensure that he or she loves to ride over it while they are still learning. Along with the fun and thrill, another important aspect to bear in mind is the safety. For this, you ought to select the best quality bicycle so that your child gets the desired level of safety.
After going through the complete article, you must have enriched your experience regarding the features to look for in the best bicycle for kids. Also be careful that you do not buy anything in a hurry. Go to different shops and try out each model before you make any decision.
Buying Guide For Best Kids Bicycle 2021- According To Experts
Go back to your childhood and try to bring back the memories of the level of excitement you had when you got a new bicycle for the first time. You must have been roaming with it around the neighborhood, going to and coming from school or just visiting the nearest ice cream parlor with your friends.
One of the most excellent ways for children to get the required amount of exercise, expansion, worldly knowledge along with spending quality time with family and friends. When it comes to buying the best bike for their kids, parents consider it to be a really stressful and confusing task. But, with this buying guide, we make an attempt to make your buying experience a lot more fun, both for parents as well as the toddlers.
Understand bike sizes
Firstly, before you check out any bicycles, you will have to have a deep understanding of the way in which kid’s bicycles are sized. Sizing is a really important aspect, as the right sized one will make learning safer, easier and all the more fun. The way kid’s bicycles are sized is entirely different from the way in which bicycles for adults are sized.
Unlike adult bikes that are sized off by the frame, bikes for kids are sized on the basis of wheel size, starting with 10” or 12” at the minimum and 24” being the maximum size. After this, the kid has to switch to small sized bikes designed for adults.
Know the right time
Most of the parents may be concerned over what age is the best to give your child a bicycle. The simple answer to this is the earlier the better. Any child is completely ready to use a balance bike as soon as he or she conquers walking perfectly. Many researches have been done in this regard, and results show that if a child gets on a bike at an early age, he is sure to continue riding later in life. Also, if you yourself ride regularly, you are probably looking for a little partner to accompany you in your adventures.
Earlier, kids were given a bike with training wheels at their initial stages of learning. But, nowadays, it is always preferred to use a balance bike for teaching a child his first lesson of bike riding. As you all must be knowing, balance bikes have no pedals, and therefore, kids have to use their feet to push the bike forward. This makes them learn one of the hardest parts of cycling very easily, i.e. the trick to balance properly on two wheels.
If a child begins with a balance bike, then years later the transition to a regular bike will be much easier and handy to make. With such bikes, any child’s learning experience is bound to become less intimidating and moreover, he or she will never feel the need of training wheels as the art of balancing has already been perfected. You will find balance bikes in two sizes: 10” and 12”, which are best suited for champs upto 5 years of age.
STACYC Stability bikes
STACYC Stability bike is a type of balance bike, but electrically powered. As a beginner, your child should start with non- powered mode obviously. This will make them learn propelling the bike forward and attaining control by turning the handlebars. But, gradually, as your kiddo starts enhancing his or her leaning, coasting or braking skills, you start increasing the power- levels.
The most important part about STACYC stability bike is that it is designed in a way that the riding position is low as well as stable, and consequently the child can enhance his or her confidence and skills that may prove to be a difficult task on a regular- sized bike.
Transition after a balance bike
After your kid has learned balance, you can make him switch to an upgraded bike with pedals. Again, picking the right size of bike for your child will depend upon the height of your child. But, do not forget to keep safety as the top priority while you choose a bicycle for your kid. Many of the parents would prefer a bike your child can grow into, but one fact to bear in mind is that large ones are not safe and also not fun to ride upon.
When to give your child a geared bike?
As your child grows big enough for a 20” or 24”, you will have the options to decide between geared bikes fitted with hand brakes or a single- speed bikes with coaster brakes and you are required to pedal backwards to stop the bicycle. There are many factors that will influence your decision at this stage. See whether your child is comfortable enough in learning to use gears and hand brakes or not.
Also, you should see the type of ride in which they will be indulging. Gears prove to be the best when it comes to taking long rides with family or taking adventures on hills. Also, if you feel the need for training wheels, then it would be better to go for single speed bikes.
Helmet is essential
Along with the cycle, one of the most important gear is the right sized helmet for all the new and young riders. As you need to find the perfect size of the bike, in the same way, the proper size of helmet is also critical. When you buy a helmet for your child, make sure that your child is comfortable in it. Also, the helmet needs to be stylish and classy.
Go for the ride
Once you have purchased the right bike for your little rider, your part now doubles as you will have to teach your child to ride it. Go with them for cycling, even if only in neighborhoods. Be patient and demonstrate them the ways to navigate roads and intersections. Studies show that children have a tendency to copy and learn from their elders. Therefore, if you ride with them, they are likely to get into the activity. Surely, cycling is an amazing family adventure that makes you leave the comfort of your rooms and stay away from screens.
After going through this buying guide, you must have got an idea about what you are supposed to look for before choosing the bicycle for your kid. Now it is time to narrow down your options keeping in mind the requirements, budget and other factors that tend to have an influence on your buying decision. To start with, the first step is to find out your child’s measurements and write them down on a paper. Next, take a note of different brands that are offering bike models suitable for your child.
At last, go and shop. Seeing such a large variety, most of you might get confused. In such a situation, go for the lightest bicycle. When there arises a scenario where you got to choose between a bike with hand brakes or coaster brakes, it is advisable that you go with the former. Simple rules like these, if followed accurately, will definitely lead you to get the best bike for your budding cyclist.