Best Mountain Bikes under 500 USD
Adventure comes from the soul, not from the pocket, people who are passionate about their outdoor hobbies are fortunate to have found something, that they love so much that they would give up the anything, that so many people can’t do without to chase their passion. Spending quality time with family, near and dear ones bring the greatest feeling of happiness; But most rewarding and most fun times of life have been riding a monster MTB and let the adrenaline kick in. It is the most satisfying of all feeling for a vivid mountain bike rider, and when the fodder for this hobby is available cheap, it’s like winning a jackpot, so we bring you this opportunity of fulfilling your passion with affordable rates so that you fulfil your heart’s fill without burning a hole in your pocket, so here is the compiled list of best mountain bikes under 500 USD.
|Top Pick||Model||Price||⭐ Rating|
|Diamondback Bicycles Overdrive St Mountain Bike|
|Mongoose Dolomite Fat Tire Mountain Bike|
|Merax 26" Mountain Bike with Suspension Fork 24-Speed |
|Raleigh Bikes Talus 2 Recreational Mountain Bike|
|2018 Gravity FSX 1.0 Dual Full Suspension Mountain Bike|
Merax 26″ Mountain Bicycle with Suspension Fork 24-Speed Mountain Bike
The Merax 26″ Mountain is a fun looking bike, and perfect for light trail riding, commuting to work, or cruising around campus! This quality entry level mountain bike has plenty of awesome components including the suspension fork (with lockout), mechanical disc brakes, and 24 speeds.
This is an impressive entry level mountain bike that looks great and performs well. The Merax 26″ Mountain is a good choice for riding to campus or work. The mag wheels on the Merax Mountain look great, and the all purpose tires will cover terrain from street to trail.
- Front suspension forks design smooths bumps while biking and increases control for fluid riding.
- Fitted Shimano 24-speed derailleurs and shifters for reliable and smooth gear shifting.
- Dual disc brakes provide enhanced stopping power.
- Designed to be the most fully featured and economical entry level mountain bike to meet all of your riding needs.
- Weight Capacity: 330 lbs,1 Year Warranty.
- Good entry level bike.
- Handling great.
- Great grip of tires.
- None to mention.
|Shifters:||Shimano EF500-3/8, 24-Speed|
|Front Derailleur:||Shimano FD-TY500|
|Rear Derailleur:||Shimano RD-TY300|
|Brakes:||Dual Disc Brakes|
|Product Weight:||40 LBS|
|Shipping Weight:||55 LBS|
|Weight Capacity:||330 LBS|
Diamondback Bicycles Overdrive St Mountain Bike, Green, 20″/Large
In our world of overhyped bikes with outrageous price tags, it’s good to know you can still get a quality mountain bike without emptying your pockets. The Overdrive ST is a classic aluminum hardtail, a proven capable and durable design. With 24 speeds, a plush 80mm Suntour suspension fork, and powerful disc brakes, it’s a no-nonsense cross-country trail bike that’s ready to tear up the trail. Big knobby tires grip every root and rock, keeping you confident and in control as you explore the trail. Hop on the Overdrive and discover the fun, fitness, and spirit of adventure that mountain biking offers.
- Hand built 6061-T6 aluminum alloy hardtail frame is Classic mountain biking.
- Custom formed and butted tubing combines lightweight and stiffness.
- 27.5 inch wheels roll well over obstacles and offer quick handling.
- SR Sun tour XCT coil spring fork delivers 80mm of suspension travel.
Shimano 3×8-speed drivetrain paired with Suntour XCT cranks offers a wide gear range to keep you cranking up the hills.
Tektro Aries mechanical disc brakes with 160mm rotors front and rear provide plenty of stopping power in any conditions.
DB SL-7 wheels are durable and quick-handling for easy maneuvering around trail obstacles.
- Ready ride, already assembled.
- Smooth gear shifts.
- Good brakes.
- None to mention.
|Brakes:||Tektro Aries mechanical disc brakes with 180mm front/160mm rear rotors provide ample stopping power.|
|Drivetrain:||Shimano 3×8-speed drivetrain paired with SR Suntour XCT cranks offers plenty of gears for tackling the hills with ease.|
|Wheelset:||DB SL-7 wheels are durable and quick-handling.|
Mongoose Dolomite Fat Tire Mountain Bike
Mountain biking is so much fun; but have you been sitting on the sidelines because you think it is way out of your budget? We’re here to offer you a legit fitness/fun mountain bike that has trail-ready components but doesn’t break the bank. Mongoose dolomite fat tire mountain bike with mechanical disc brakes, A bike that is built for all terrain brew ha, ha-ing! The tires are big and plump; up to 4-inch thick and create a cushiony ride that will put the fun back into your trail or everyday riding. Built for snow, mud, dirt, and city roads!
- Conquer any off road trail with ease with this steel framed mountain bike with supersized all terrain knobby tires.
- A Shimano rear derailleur with seven speeds makes hills easier to climb, while twist Shifters make it smooth and easy to change gears while riding.
- The threadless headset is adjustable for riders of different heights; For added speed and performance, the strong, lightweight alloy rims keep the weight down.
- Ride comfortably with beach cruiser pedals and insure safety with front and rear disc brakes; Rear Hub: 26 inch.
- This bike ships ready to be assembled; sized for adult riders 5 feet, 6 inches to 6 feet tall, and has a limited lifetime warranty.
Raleigh Bikes Talus 2 Recreational Mountain Bike, Black
If you crave stability and like the look and upright feel of a mountain bike, but still like to hit the road, consider the Raleigh Talus 2. At home on dirt, gravel, and pavement, this bike will keep your adventure going when you decide it’s time to head off-road and explore the path less travelled. The large 27.5-inch wheels and wide 2-inch mountain bike tires help you stay nimble but stable over bumps. Built-in eyelets allow you to mount a rear rack and fenders so you can also use it as a commuter bike or city bike. The Talus 2 is the companion model to the Raleigh Eva 2 women’s-specific mountain bike. The basic description can be given as under:
- 6061 Custom Butted Aluminum frame makes for a lightweight yet comfortable ride.
- SR Sun tour Fork with 75mm or travel offers suspension to smooth out the bumps.
- Shimano EZ-Fire 8 Speed Trigger shifters offer 24 gears to choose from.
- Alloy V-Brakes provide good stopping power.
- Included rack fender mounts allow you bring more gear and add fenders to ride in inclement weather.
- Best value MTB.
- Very durable.
- Best Hydraulic brakes.
- Gear selector indicator bit clumsy.
- Reasonably heavy.
|Frame:||The lightweight AL-6061 SL Custom Butted Aluminum frame offers aggressive trail geometry.|
|Fork:||SR Suntour M3030|
|Front Derailleur:||Shimano Tourney|
|Rear Derailleur:||Shimano Altus|
|Shifters:||Shimano Altus 3×8 speed|
2018 Gravity FSX 1.0 Dual Full Suspension Mountain Bike
At this price, this piece of awesomeness is a perfect catch. It’s front dual suspension and all-terrain, wide knobby mountain tires sit on light and durable alloy wheels for added stability so that the rider gets a wholesome experience, adding to this feat It comes with a high-quality 24 speed shifting, which is controlled by two premium and flexible derailleurs, which helps you get a closeness with the mother nature you always dreamt of having. The most unique and soul-satisfying aspect about this bike is the hand build aluminum alloy frame, Custom formed and butted tubing combines its lightweight and stiffness for a holistic riding experience. Here is a brief description of this beastly beauty:
- Disc Brakes Front and Rear, Strong and Durable Aluminum Frames.
- Easy to Use Shimano Shifters.
- Adjustable Suspension – Front and Rear!.
- Strong and Light Double Wall Rims, Quick Release Wheels – Front and Rear.
- Type GRAVITY FSX in the search bar for all of our size and color options.
- Easy to assemble.
- Rides fast and smooth.
- Light weight.
- Parts of cheap quality.
- Poor gear mechanism.
|Fork||Suntour long travel with adjustable preload|
|Shifters||Shimano EF51 24 speed|
|Wheelset||26in Dbl Wall Alloy|
|Cassette||8 spd Megarange|
|Tires||Black 26 x 2.1|
|Brakes||Tektro Novela Disc|
EUROBIKE Full Suspension Mountain Bike 21 Speed Bicycle 27.5 inches
- The price is affordable. You can compare bicycles with similar configurations. Our bicycles have a high cost performance ratio.
- Upgrade the frame Suspension to make your ride more comfortable.
- Durable and high quality after-sales service, so that you do not worry about the future.
- Shimano 21 speed Shifters easy to use.
- Daul Disc Brakes and 3 spoke Mag alloy wheels.
- Very cheap price.
- Strong frame.
- Seat bit faulty.
- Disk break having some issues.
|Frame:||18” steel Frame|
|Fork:||MTB Suspension Fork|
|B.B SET:||Bearing type|
|Tire:||27.5“*1.95 full balck tire|
|Rim:||Mag Alloy or Aluminiu Alloy Rims|
|F/Derailleur:||Shimano TZ 30|
|Fits up to:||5’7″-6′|
Schwinn Bonafide Mountain Bike with Front Suspension
Schwinn is an American icon, building some of the best known and best loved bicycles of all time. From its very beginning in Chicago, Illinois, the Schwinn mission has been to develop bicycles that allow people to experience the confidence and freedom that comes from riding a bike.
- The Schwinn bonafied mountain bike features an aluminum mountain frame and a powerful Schwinn suspension fork that soaks up bumps and thumps to provide you with a fun, durable riding experience.
- 24 speed Shimano EZ Fire trigger shifters and front and rear Shimano derailleurs make gear changes easy and smooth.
- Front and rear mechanical disc brakes provide crisp all condition stopping out on the trail; Durable Schwinn alloy cranks provide steady gearing and less pesky maintenance.
- High profile double wall alloy rims are light and strong for added durability; 2.25 inch wide knobby mountain tires are ready for bumpy terrain.
- This bike ships ready to be assembled, has a 5 year limited warranty, and the wheels measure 29 inches. Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H): 71.00 x 26.00 x 44.00 Inches
Takara Jiro Dual-Suspension Disc Brake Mountain Bike
Takara presents the Jiro, a full suspension mountain bike with a lightweight 6061 aluminum frame utilizing a four bar linkage rear shock, and a smooth travel suspension fork to handle the bumps. Big 27.5 x 2.125 tires grip all surfaces, on or off road and high profile alloy wheels track straight and true. Shifts are smooth and easy thanks to Shimano and their Tourney derailleurs and light action Revo twist Shifters. Front and rear cable actuated disc brakes keep speed under control, and the low rise handlebars and soft Vitesse seat keep the rider comfortable.
- 6061 aluminum dual-suspension frame
- 27.5 x 1.25 inch tires
- Shimano Tourney derailleurs
- Shimano Revo twist shifters
- Front and rear disc brakes
Max4out Mountain Bike 21 Speed 26-27.5 inch Shining SYS
- Good Quality -Solid Frame, mountain bike frame and excellent welding technology, make it a durable and stable cruising bike.
- Unique Tire – 26 Inches fashion rims more safe and fastness. It comes with 21-speeds that can handle hilly terrains and the gear change is awesome. All-terrain, wide knobby mountain tires sit on light and durable alloy wheels for added stability.
- Enjoy Cycling – Stunt bike perfect for mountain,wasteland,also effective on the road, trail, city, beach or the snow etc.
- The Best Choice For Riders – For riders of different heights, conquer any off-road trail with ease. Front and rear double disc brakes perfectly increase safety and controllability for bikers.
- Easy To Assemble – Free pedals and comfortable seat include in packages. Assembly Required.