Best Mountain Bikes under 500 USD
Adventure comes from the soul, not from the pocket, people who are passionate about their outdoor hobbies are fortunate to have found something, that they love so much that they would give up the anything, that so many people can’t do without to chase their passion. Spending quality time with family, near and dear ones bring the greatest feeling of happiness; But most rewarding and most fun times of life have been riding a monster MTB and let the adrenaline kick in. It is the most satisfying of all feeling for a vivid mountain bike rider, and when the fodder for this hobby is available cheap, it’s like winning a jackpot, so we bring you this opportunity of fulfilling your passion with affordable rates so that you fulfil your heart’s fill without burning a hole in your pocket, so here is the compiled list of best mountain bikes under 500 USD.
Vilano 26″ Mountain Bike Ridge 2.0 MTB 21 Speed with Disc Brakes
The Vilano Ridge 2.0 MTB is a fun looking bike, and perfect for light trail riding, commuting to work, or cruising around campus! This quality entry level mountain bike has plenty of awesome components including the suspension fork (with lockout), mechanical disc brakes, and 21 speeds.
This is an impressive entry level mountain bike that looks great and performs well. The Vilano Ridge 2.0 MTB is a good choice for riding to campus or work. The mag wheels on the Vilano Ridge 2.0 look great, and the all purpose tires will cover terrain from street to trail.
- Double Butted 6061 Aluminum 26″ Mountain Bike.
- Suspension Fork with Lockout.
- Mechanical Disc Brakes for Maximum Stopping Power.
- Alloy Mag Wheels.
- Shimano 21 Speed Drivetrain.
- Good entry level bike.
- Handling great.
- Great grip of tires.
- None to mention.
|Frame:||Double Butted 6061 Aluminum|
|Fork:||26″ Suspension Fork Alloy w/ Lockout|
|Shifters:||Shimano EF-51 Easyfire 7spd|
|Wheels:||26″ Mag Alloy|
|Rear Derailleur:||Shimano Tourney TZ50|
|Front Derailleur:||Shimano TZ30|
Diamondback Bicycles Overdrive St Mountain Bike, Green, 20″/Large
In our world of overhyped bikes with outrageous price tags, it’s good to know you can still get a quality mountain bike without emptying your pockets. The Overdrive ST is a classic aluminum hardtail, a proven capable and durable design. With 24 speeds, a plush 80mm Suntour suspension fork, and powerful disc brakes, it’s a no-nonsense cross-country trail bike that’s ready to tear up the trail. Big knobby tires grip every root and rock, keeping you confident and in control as you explore the trail. Hop on the Overdrive and discover the fun, fitness, and spirit of adventure that mountain biking offers.
- Hand built 6061-T6 aluminum alloy hardtail frame is Classic mountain biking.
- Custom formed and butted tubing combines lightweight and stiffness.
- 27.5 inch wheels roll well over obstacles and offer quick handling.
- SR Sun tour XCT coil spring fork delivers 80mm of suspension travel.
Shimano 3×8-speed drivetrain paired with Suntour XCT cranks offers a wide gear range to keep you cranking up the hills.
Tektro Aries mechanical disc brakes with 160mm rotors front and rear provide plenty of stopping power in any conditions.
DB SL-7 wheels are durable and quick-handling for easy maneuvering around trail obstacles.
- Ready ride, already assembled.
- Smooth gear shifts.
- Good brakes.
- None to mention.
|Brakes:||Tektro Aries mechanical disc brakes with 180mm front/160mm rear rotors provide ample stopping power.|
|Drivetrain:||Shimano 3×8-speed drivetrain paired with SR Suntour XCT cranks offers plenty of gears for tackling the hills with ease.|
|Wheelset:||DB SL-7 wheels are durable and quick-handling.|
Mongoose Men’s Switchback Expert 27.5″ Wheel
Mountain biking is so much fun; but have you been sitting on the sidelines because you think it is way out of your budget? We’re here to offer you a legit fitness/fun mountain bike that has trail-ready components but doesn’t break the bank. Introducing the Mongoose Switchback, also known as your favorite new trail companion. The Switchback is decked out with a light aluminum hard tail frame, a powerful HL-565 suspension fork and mechanical disc brakes for the ultimate trail experience. Don’t get boxed in by snooty road riders and exorbitant bike prices. Hit the open road and the wooded trails with the Mongoose Switchback, and truly feel free to ride how you want.
- Aluminum hardtail MTB frame saves you crucial energy while you pedal
- Suspension preload – Tune your suspension to find the perfect balance between plush and stiff
- Suspension lockout – lockout the fork for more rigidty to save energy while you pedal
- 21-speed Shimano EZ-Fire shifters turn every trail into your new playground
- Ride more aggressively with reliable mechanical disc brakes
- Light and strong alloy rims support you on the gnarliest rides
|Number of Speeds||21 Speed|
Raleigh Bikes Talus 2 Recreational Mountain Bike, Black
If you crave stability and like the look and upright feel of a mountain bike, but still like to hit the road, consider the Raleigh Talus 2. At home on dirt, gravel, and pavement, this bike will keep your adventure going when you decide it’s time to head off-road and explore the path less travelled. The large 27.5-inch wheels and wide 2-inch mountain bike tires help you stay nimble but stable over bumps. Built-in eyelets allow you to mount a rear rack and fenders so you can also use it as a commuter bike or city bike. The Talus 2 is the companion model to the Raleigh Eva 2 women’s-specific mountain bike. The basic description can be given as under:
- 6061 Custom Butted Aluminum frame makes for a lightweight yet comfortable ride.
- SR Sun tour Fork with 75mm or travel offers suspension to smooth out the bumps.
- Shimano EZ-Fire 8 Speed Trigger shifters offer 24 gears to choose from.
- Alloy V-Brakes provide good stopping power.
- Included rack fender mounts allow you bring more gear and add fenders to ride in inclement weather.
- Best value MTB.
- Very durable.
- Best Hydraulic brakes.
- Gear selector indicator bit clumsy.
- Reasonably heavy.
|Frame:||The lightweight AL-6061 SL Custom Butted Aluminum frame offers aggressive trail geometry.|
|Fork:||SR Suntour M3030|
|Front Derailleur:||Shimano Tourney|
|Rear Derailleur:||Shimano Altus|
|Shifters:||Shimano Altus 3×8 speed|
2018 Gravity FSX 1.0 Dual Full Suspension Mountain Bike
At this price, this piece of awesomeness is a perfect catch. It’s front dual suspension and all-terrain, wide knobby mountain tires sit on light and durable alloy wheels for added stability so that the rider gets a wholesome experience, adding to this feat It comes with a high-quality 24 speed shifting, which is controlled by two premium and flexible derailleurs, which helps you get a closeness with the mother nature you always dreamt of having. The most unique and soul-satisfying aspect about this bike is the hand build aluminum alloy frame, Custom formed and butted tubing combines its lightweight and stiffness for a holistic riding experience. Here is a brief description of this beastly beauty:
- Disc Brakes Front and Rear, Strong and Durable Aluminum Frames.
- Easy to Use Shimano Shifters.
- Adjustable Suspension – Front and Rear!.
- Strong and Light Double Wall Rims, Quick Release Wheels – Front and Rear.
- Type GRAVITY FSX in the search bar for all of our size and color options.
- Easy to assemble.
- Rides fast and smooth.
- Light weight.
- Parts of cheap quality.
- Poor gear mechanism.
|Fork||Suntour long travel with adjustable preload|
|Shifters||Shimano EF51 24 speed|
|Wheelset||26in Dbl Wall Alloy|
|Cassette||8 spd Megarange|
|Tires||Black 26 x 2.1|
|Brakes||Tektro Novela Disc|
EUROBIKE Full Suspension Mountain Bike 21 Speed Bicycle 27.5 inches
- The price is affordable. You can compare bicycles with similar configurations. Our bicycles have a high cost performance ratio.
- Upgrade the frame Suspension to make your ride more comfortable.
- Durable and high quality after-sales service, so that you do not worry about the future.
- Shimano 21 speed Shifters easy to use.
- Daul Disc Brakes and 3 spoke Mag alloy wheels.
- Very cheap price.
- Strong frame.
- Seat bit faulty.
- Disk break having some issues.
|Frame:||18” steel Frame|
|Fork:||MTB Suspension Fork|
|B.B SET:||Bearing type|
|Tire:||27.5“*1.95 full balck tire|
|Rim:||Mag Alloy or Aluminiu Alloy Rims|
|F/Derailleur:||Shimano TZ 30|
|Fits up to:||5’7″-6′|